|Season 8, Episode 3|
|It's a Party|
|Air date||August 12, 2010|
|Guest Judge||Betsey Johnson|
|Who's In||Andy South|
|Who's Out||Sarah Trost|
Larger than Life
Hats Off to You
Contestants must shop at a party supply store for materials to design their dress, and must not use any cloth in their dress.
Contestants are suggested to not use tablecloths or any other party materials that resemble cloth.
This episode's guest judge is highly successful fashion designer, Betsy Johnson. Gretchen becomes over confident and critiques almost everyone's looks, Casanova creates his look entirely out of table cloths despite Tim Gunn's warning, Andy South wins the episode with his gorgeous dress, and Sarah Trost is out for her trashy and less than impressive dress.
- Casanova ripping away at the stuffed animals in order to steal their cotton insides
- "Instant facewipe, napkin-dress" as a Betsey Johnson compliment towards Valerie's dress
- "I would like to see it a zillion times exploded." – guest judge Betsey Johnson
- "She looks like a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral." – Michael Kors
- "I prefer the woolly balls." – Tim Gunn
- "It looks like a hot mess." "Thank you." "That was not a compliment."-Nina Garcia judging A.J.'s look
You can see photos from the episode here!